COVID-19 – in March of 2020 the dojo suspended regular in-person practices and began to host Zoom practices for members. We hope to resume practicing together by mid-2021. Pleases email for up-to-date information or to become a member.
Please feel free to visit during any scheduled practice. No appointment is necessary. Beginners are always welcome!
- Tuesday Zoom 6 – 7:30 pm led by Mike Lyon open to all levels
- Thursday Zoom 6 – 7:30 pm led by Mike Lyon open to all levels
- Saturday Zoom noon – 1:30 pm led by Carl Johnson open to all levels
- Sunday Zoom 6 – 7:30 pm Bassai practice led by Takamasa Morita (recommended to brown belts)
Please practice with us FREE once or twice so you can decide whether you’d like to join. After that you must become a member of SKA and pay local dues in order to practice.
Shotokan Karate of America, and the Kansas City Shotokan Karate Club dojo are non-profit organizations, but we must charge a modest amount to help meet expenses.
- National SKA Dues: $75/first year, $100/year thereafter
- Local Dues: $50/month
Members are entitled to various privileges including training at any SKA or affiliated dojo, ranking, participating in special practices, tournaments and other events organized by SKA. A subscription to an on-line newsletter is included in the membership.