TO JON K. BELTRAM
It is safe to say that everyone gathered to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Shotokan Ohshima Karate-do in Kansas City could tell a personal story attesting to Jon’s kindness, concern, and support, especially in times of trouble. More than anything else, it is this embodiment of continuous care for others and leadership by example that is reflected in his many respected senior students who have contributed so much to SKA over the years, and in the lives and practices of all those who have joined in these first 50 years of the shared pursuit of Karate-do as a way of life in Kansas City.
- Foreword by Michael Schuler
- Conversation with Jon Beltram interview by David Altman
- Memories numerous seniors remember practice
- Chronology a chronological history of KC Dojo
- KC 50th Anniversary Celebration photos from the 2016 practices and banquet
- Black Belts the black belts of KC Dojo
Thank you to Mr. Tsutomu Ohshima for bringing practice to the United States and for inspiring us by his strong example, to Jon Beltram for his unceasing dedication and leadership, to David Altman, Lien Phan, Quang Nguyen, and Mike Lyon for their tireless work on this album, and to the many hundreds of individuals who have experienced practice in Kansas City for more than fifty years.
Copyright © 2016 Shotokan Karate of America, Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90012 all rights reserved.
- ISBN: 1985386631
- ISBN-13: 978-1985386631