Our aim is to build strength of mind and body with emphasis on self-confidence, willpower, character, and the ability to defend oneself in time of conflict.” — Jon Beltram, senior instructor.
The dojo is conveniently located just two blocks from I-35 Exits 1C or 1D in the Crossroads Art District just south of down town Kansas City at 2026 Broadway (map & directions) Please feel free to drop by any time (see our schedule for the best times). No appointment is necessary.
The Kansas City Shotokan Karate Club:
- Started in 1966, we are one of the oldest groups in the Midwest.
- Winner of SKA’s Midwest Dojo of the Year award.
- Highest caliber instruction. Senior instructors have a minimum of 10 years teaching experience.
- No experience is necessary. Anyone 16 years of age or older is welcome to join in practices. You may observe or participate (much more fun!).
- No long-term contracts — join SKA and pay dojo dues at the first of each month.
- Approximately 2,800 square feet of natural wood floor suspended on thick rubber shock absorbers, it feels great!
- Separate men’s and women’s shower and dressing areas.
- Punching bags, maki-wara and Olympic-style Judo mats.
- Beautiful tea room and library.
- Free parking in private lot behind building (2027 Washington St, Kansas City, MO 64108).