October 28-30, 2016 we’ll celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Shotokan Ohshima Karate-do in Kansas City with a weekend of parties and practices! Everyone is invited to REGISTER HERE!
Founded in 1966, the Kansas City Shotokan Karate Club is best in the area for traditional martial arts, self defense, fitness, and all-around self improvement.
Our aim is to build strength of mind and body with emphasis on self-confidence, willpower, character, and the ability to defend oneself in time of conflict.” — Jon Beltram, senior instructor.
The Kansas City Shotokan Karate Dojo is conveniently located just two blocks from I-35 Exits 1C or 1D in the Crossroads Art District just south of down town Kansas City at 2026 Broadway (map & directions) Please feel free to drop by any time (see our schedule for the best times). No appointment is necessary.
The Kansas City Shotokan Karate Club:
- Started in 1966, we are one of the oldest martial arts groups in the Midwest.
- Winner of SKA’s Midwest Dojo of the Year award.
- Highest caliber martial arts and self-defense instruction. Senior instructors have a minimum of 10 years teaching experience.
- No experience is necessary. Anyone 16 years of age or older is welcome to join in karate practices. You may observe or participate (much more fun!).
- No long-term contracts — join SKA and pay dojo dues at the first of each month.
- Approximately 2,800 square feet of natural wood floor suspended on thick rubber shock absorbers, it feels great!
- Separate men’s and women’s shower and dressing areas.
- Punching bags, maki-wara and Olympic-style Judo / Aikido style tatami mats.
- Beautiful tea room and library.
- Free parking in private parking lot behind building (2027 Washington St, Kansas City, MO 64108).